Nab End Farm is situated on the Staffordshire Derbyshire border in the upper Dove valley. The long, low stone built farmhouse is built in the traditional style of the high moorland area. This farm was once part of the Crew and Harpur estate but was purchased by the tenants when a large part of the estate was sold in the 1950’s
We bought the semi-derelict property in 1985 and have been restoring and improving it ever since. There was no water or electricity and the house had to be completely rebuilt. The cowshed and hayloft were also rebuilt and turned into a camping barn.
1995 was the “year of the garden” when we undertook a huge landscaping project to turn the old farmyard into a garden: Various small projects to improve on this have taken place since.
From 1997 until 2010 we opened up the garden on the first Sunday in August to raise funds tor the Chernobyl Children’s Project (UK) We continue to raise funds and support the “Chernobyl Children’s Project” and also the charity “Chernobyl Aid UK”